I’m doing the final preparations this week for a special workshop that our club is doing on September 25. One of the groups we are working with emailed about doing some joint Presentations with Toastmasters in the future for our community.
That got me curious…
What does a typical Toastmasters look like?
Toastmasters International has some of the following demographic information listed on their website:
A profile of Toastmasters members in general:
- 52% of members are female and 48% are male.
- The average member annual household income is $50,000-$74,999.
- 30% of members earn $100,000+ annually.
- The average member age is 45.8 years.
- 25.4% of members are between the ages of 18 and 34.
- 74% of members have a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- 35% of members have a master’s degree or higher.
What industries employ Toastmasters?
- 17% professional, scientific and technical services
- 15% finance, insurance and real estate
- 8% educational services
- 14% other
- Only 3.2% of members are unemployed.
Our club is a range of industries with a range of speaking abilities from beginner to several advanced speakers.
So what does your club look like?