Mark your calendars…It’s contest season!
Clubs eligible to compete at the F1 Area Contest include Black Canyon Voices, Eagle Valley Toastmasters, Grand Junction Sayres, Summit Toastmasters, and Talk of the Town Toastmasters. Each of these clubs may send one delegate for each contest. All of your members who are in good standing (ie. have paid their dues) are eligible!
- Title: Area F-1 Humorous Speech and Evaluation Contests
- Date: Saturday October 6, 2012
- Time: Contestants/Judges Briefings at 1:00 PM Contest starts at 1:30 PM
- Location: Rifle Library 207 East Avenue, Rifle, Colorado 81650 Map
- Contact: Yvonne Bryant, F1 Area Governor F11213@d26leaders.org
Each club should work back from the October 6 date and select a day to have your club contests. I would like to encourage Aspen/Cloud 9 and Wild Mustangs to have a club contests just to break up your meeting routines and have a little fun. Clubs have the option to send delegates in lieu of having a contest. You are welcome to have joint club contests to ramp up the fun factor and get an edge. Email me if you have questions on how this works. Right now, Summit is looking at having our first Evaluation Contest in 24(?) years. This will be a new experience for us all!
For the Area Contest, we will need the following volunteers from ALL clubs in our area (I have a checklist to help everybody with their roles.) :
- Contest Chair: For the Area Contest, if anybody would like to take on the role of Contest Chair, this role is eligible for a High Performance Leadership Project. We will go over this during the Grand Junction TLI.
- Chief Judge
- 2 timer
- ballot counter,
- Sargent at Arms
- 5 judges (ideally one from each club) + one tie breaker judge (there is a one hour online training that will need to be completed)
- 1 Test Speaker for the Evaluation Contest (this person will give a 5-7 minute manual speech for the contestants to evaluate. Aspen/Cloud 9 or Wild Mustangs – maybe one of your members? It needs to be somebody the other club contestants aren’t familiar with.)
The contest chair, myself and volunteers need to be at the Library by 12:30 to check-in and set up the room so that the contestants can relax and prepare mentally to blow our socks off. 😉
I’m looking forward to an awesome contest season and seeing our members try something new! Our Division Governor, White-Eagle Perry is trying to make it to our contest, and we may have the assistance of fellow F5 Area Governor Ron Werner. The Rifle Library staff are also excited to host us.
(Foothills Division Contest will be Saturday, October 20 down in the Denver Area. More info to come.)
Toastmasters District 26 – F1 Area Governor F11213@d26leaders.org
Summit Toastmasters – VP of Education
Facebook:Summit Toastmasters – Summit County Colorado #7064
WHERE LEADERS ARE MADE.