What do you get after 6 years of hard work? If you are Summit Toastmasters, you reach the Distinguished Club status with Toastmasters International!
Starting the Toastmasters year (July 1, 2011) with a base membership of 11 members, President Alice Miller with the help of her Executive Committee lead the club to 20 members by the June 30, 2012 deadline.
Having met the 20 member requirement (or net gain of 5 new members), the members went on to meet 6 of the 10 Distinguished Club Program Goals.
- Yvonne Bryant completed her Competent Communicator manual (Goal #1)
- Alice Miller completed her Competent Communicator manual (Goal #1)
- Jim Shaw completed his Advanced Communicator Silver award (Goal #3)
- 14 new members were added during the year with the loss of only 4 (Goals #7 & 8)
- Officers were trained as required in the Summer and winter training periods (Goal #9), and
- Officer lists and dues renewals were submitted to Toastmasters International on time (Goal #10)
Congratulations to all of the hard work by the members and officers working on your speaking and leadership goals!
Summit Toastmasters meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month from 6:30 pm to 7:45 pm. Networking is from 6:15 t0 6:30 before the meeting starts. We meet at the Frisco Town Hall unless a special meeting is announced.
For more information on the Distinguished Club Program, click this link: