by Alan Swartz, Secretary
Meeting was called to order by Pat Moore at Frisco Town Hall at 6:30 p.m.
In honor of the fall weather, Pat used the theme of Orange.
Doug Mendel gave his icebreaker on “How Cambodia Changed My Life.” He discussed his first trip to Cambodia in 1995 and how he returned to Cambodia in 1997, 2000, and 2001. He obtained three boxes of fire station clothing to send in 2003, and later two fire engines to help 6 stations in Cambodia. He has established a nonprofit for a cause greater than himself to help.
For more information here are additional links to this worthy cause:
Doug was evaluated by Alan. Each was named best speaker and evaluator respectively.
Suri Sehgal was Table Topics Master.
- Yvonne Bryant spoke on “What does success mean to you?
- Scott Bierman spoke on “Do you believe in miracles?”
- Amy Nakos spoke on What does Hope mean to you?
- Travis Usinger spoke on How do greed, fear, and need relate?
- Alan Swartz spoke on Why are we having strange weather?
- Doug Mendel spoke on Can’t we make apple juice ourselves?
- Pat Moore spoke on Why can we buy oranges cheaper in Colorado than Florida?
Pat was Toastmaster and shared thousands of jokes about oranges.
Amy was Grammarian.
Scott Bierman was best Table Topics speaker.
I still have orange jokes running through my head.