by Alan Swartz, Secretary
Meeting was called to order at Frisco Town Hall at 6:30 p.m. by President Alice Miller. Pledge was led by Alan Swartz. Guest was Suri Seghal of Fort Meyers Florida Toastmasters District 47.
Yvonne Bryant led us through Moments of Truth, an analysis of club effectiveness. She was evaluated by Mike Clement. We broke into groups to discuss the six areas of emphasis.
Pat Moore spoke on Remember and Repeat from a workshop by Elaine Love at the TLI in Colorado Springs. It was about making an effective presentation.
Table topics was led by Alice Miller.
- Jim Shaw spoke on If you had to be homeless for one year, where would you want to be?
- Alan Swartz spoke on If you could visit one planet, what one would it be?
- Seri spoke on If you could be granted one thing beside money, what would it be?
- Mike Clement spoke on If you could eliminate one prejudice from earth, what would it be?
Alan was timer, Alice was grammarian, and Suri was general evaluator.
- Best Evaluator was Mike
- Best Table Topics was Alan.
Word of the day was auspicious.
aus·pi·cious Adjective /ôˈspiSHəs/
1. Conducive to success; favorable: “an auspicious moment to hold an election”.
2. Giving or being a sign of future success.
Suri will speak at the next meeting as he heads a foundation on rural development in India.