Having just completed a Leadership Program outside of Toastmasters, I have come to realize that we don’t always take the time fully recognize those who have helped us through the year, or we don’t always graciously receive the recognition offered.
Judi LaPoint did a Toastmasters Meeting Theme on “Crazy Country Western Music” on May 16. What better Table Topics Session than a Country Music Awards. I will admit that this is a challenging theme.
The set up: There is both an award presenter and an award receiver.
I googled “Crazy Country Western Music” and found this website: http://www.funny2.com/songs.htm
From there, I broke the Table Topics into the following categories, the presenter receives a category and adds three names to the blanks, presents the category and songs, and then chooses one of the three to receive the award.
Best Party Lights
- ______________________My Wife Thinks You’re Dead
- ______________________Highway Patrol
- ______________________Party Lights
Best Southern Culture Rock
- ______________________Santo Swings!/Viva de la Santo
- ______________________Camel Walk
- ______________________She Got The Gold Mine and I Got The Shaft
- ______________________He’s Been Drunk Since His Wife’s Gone Punk
- ______________________My Shoes Keep Walkin’ Back to You
- ______________________These Boots were made for walking
Best Animal Theme
- ______________________Thanks To the Cathouse, I’m In The Doghouse With You
- ______________________Bubba Shot the Jukebox
- ______________________Hair in My Eyes Like a Highland Steer
- ______________________ Bubba Shot the Jukebox
- ______________________ I Slipped and Fell in Love
- ______________________ Billy Broke My Heart at Walgreens and I Cried All the Way to Sears
Best Vehicles in a video
- ______________________ Am I Double Parked by the Curbstone of your Heart?
- ______________________She thinks my Tractors Sexy
- ______________________ Saddle Up the Stove, Ma, I’m Riding the Range Tonight
Best Love on the Rocks
- ______________________ All My Exes Live in Texas
- ______________________ If Love Were Oil, I’d be a Quart Low
- ______________________ I Just Bought A Car From The Guy That Stole My Girl, But The Car Don’t Run So I Figure We Got An Even Deal
The presenter handed the award recipient a trophy, they were to shake hands, pause for a picture and then the recipient did their acceptance speech.
There is a lot going on in this Table Topics, but the group had fun with it….